Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dorms

Little Doggy
Dorms
Little Doggy

http://dequinesims.blogspot.com/

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June Empty
PostSubject: From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June   From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:41 am

From DWH to Drovers
- story of how Jester got himself a foal out of Windy

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June 8mR3MGd From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June AUjUOoK From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June U1Alg0o From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June MoJt5tk

PART I: The foal
- The long waited foal is finally here

PART II: The visit
- Jester comes to DWH to meet his foal

Last edited by Dorms on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dorms

Little Doggy
Dorms
Little Doggy

PostSubject: Part one of the story (Mar 9, 2013)   From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:50 am

Part one: The foal

Origins of this little story we're getting into go back couple years (about three months in March 2013). Everyone from DWH headed to AQH/APH Versatility Weekend organized by Drovers Run with six horses. Results were quite gratifying as a whole, but especially on the account of Windy. On Friday she dominated in cutting, was nice third in working cow and at the end of the day was chosen as Best Of The Day. On Sunday she lost only the BIS-title after taking AQH-mares, Best Adult AQH and Best Of Breed. And the weekend concluded in her getting the Best Ranch Western Horse title, her being best horse participating on Friday+Sunday combination. She made a rather big impression on one of the judges from Drovers.

Shortly after the event had wrapped up Jester Coleman came to talk and made an inquery about Windy's future as a broodmare. He'd love to get one of her future foals to Drovers. He was promised the first foal Windy would have after her active performance days. And that would still take a while, she was seven and wouldn't foal at least until being nine. Patience truly is a virtue.

THE BALL GETS ROLLING
------------------------------------------------------------

[Late afternoon]

"Yeah, we're going to breed her now, so she'll have the foal early summer." -- "Well, we have few choices, but everyone's kinda leaning towards Few Dollars More. Since it'll be reserved to you, please, weigh in."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June AhNu3Tq

"Ok, then. We'll let you know how it goes."

"So, what did he say?"

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June NupRoml

"He likes Few Dollars More as well, so..." [gets up and heads to the archway]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June HAqT4y2

"...I'll get in touch with Tom this week."

H-HOUR IS NOT FAR

[Few months later, early summer, late afternoon]

"She'll have it at any moment now. Better start to keep her inside and check in every couple hours."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June MDt7A5B

"In we go, you two will be cosy here..."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June 3XTxnOu

[in thoughts] "Hmh... what?" -- "Windy will be cosy here with the foal"

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June Fd0Ntm8 From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June 13lTFr1

"Oh, yeah..." -- [amused] "You didn't think I was talking about you, did you?"

[Later on the evening]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June QSiOKbE

"Hey girl. No company yet, huh?"

IT IS FINALLY HERE

[In the small hours before sunrise]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June D6OwYwV

"I'm still betting on tomorrow. How does 10 bucks sound?" -- "Really? You already lost the one with Cass last week..." -- "I've got good feeling about this one!" -- "And how many times have I heard that before?"

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June 0bFDJLu

"I'll be damned, she did it all on her own again." -- "Little, marked copy of his sire, nicely done girl... Oh yeah, you got your wallet?"

[Later, around noon]

"Hi, it's Mike from DWH. She foaled."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June TgqMllD

"Yeah, everything went fine. We have brisk black colt in our hands."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June 5rViX0o

Stay tuned for part 2 where Jester Coleman from Drovers Run comes for a visit to see his couple months old foal!

Last edited by Dorms on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dorms

Little Doggy
Dorms
Little Doggy

PostSubject: Part two of the story (Jun 21, 2013)   From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:07 am

Part two: The visit

Our little story continues about two months later where part one left off. This means that Jester's long awaited foal is now about two months old. After over two years of waiting Jester will finally meet his prime cutting prospect.

YOU'VE GOT MAIL

[Summer, presumably afternoon]

Quote :

To: j.coleman@droversrun
    Subject: Here's a few photos of Black Tie Affair

Hi Jester!

I believe Mike promised you we would send few photos of your colt before your visit. When promising that he obviously meant that I'd do it, 'cause in his mind this falls into "unnecessary paperwork" and according to him he's got no eye for this kind of things. That is actually true, but better not to tell him that, haha!

But that's enough about our "logistics", I'm sure you're much more interested in Black Tie Affair instead! He's lovely little guy, who enjoys playing with the other foals, running around and being "the boss" of them. He might turn out bit of a ladies man, since he's the only man on the pasture, both of his friends are fillies that follow his lead. But he'll be a gentleman too, about a week older little lady keeps him effectively in line, if he forgets good manners. "Cole", as we've been referring him as, is also curious about everything new - especially people and other "living things" - so connecting with him shouldn't be hard at all once you see him.

But off to the photos!

First one is taken about an hour after he was born. The rest are from the following morning, when he's few hours old.

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June T2g1lWjm From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June Xvy5KJum
    From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June MTxkk1dm From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June BOPvd7Bm

Few days ago we had little photoshoot of this year's foals with the mares - I'll tell ya, your little guy loved running around the pen with his mom! Luckily he did follow Windy's lead and stood beside her once it was time for standing still.

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June 9VIrRyqm From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June 9tBkp2Mm
    From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June 9XZJY5om From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June GmlU5BIm

In the last few he's playing with our other two foals, AQH filly Better Be Sure and App filly Diamond Tales.
    These all are from last week.

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June W4Yt7SRm From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June Roodf2Rm
    From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June UOwqOJ6m From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June Bci7oWzm

We're looking forward to seeing you in few days!

Best wishes,
    Kathleen Dunn

WELCOME TO DWH

[Few days later, before noon]

"That should be him, unless Zack cut a day and had a paint job on the way back." -- "Somehow I doubt that. It's Jester."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June S4SFXY1

"Hey-a, Mike and Kat, right?" -- "Yeah, and that black & white admiring you is Skip." [Everyone have a laugh]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June YJIFYOd

"Welcome to DWH. Shall we go and see the cause of you being here?" -- [with a laugh] "Won't fight you on that!"

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June GsveOQE

"This way then. He's on the mare and foal pasture with the others."

HE'LL BE CALLED TAIO

[Little later, close to noon]

"There he is and interested in you right away." -- "Seems like a good start for our first meet. You wanna come here little fellow?" [The colt keeps looking at the people at the gate, but doesn't wander off from his dam] -- [with a grin] "Looks like you're not interesting enough for him to investigate on his own. He's not as easy as Skip!" -- [with a laugh] "Does look that way, doesn't it?"

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June N2UHKKN

"Why don't you just head in and call Windy, she'll come to you with the little guy." [Jester goes into the pasture]
"Windy, c'mon girl!" [The mare stops grazing, but ponders whether to do more or not] -- "She probably wonders why it's just you out there. Let's see if this helps... [hand signals the staring mare] C'mon!" [The mare heads towards Jester and her colt follows]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June A07RN0V

"Hey girl, remember me? I took a fancy to your work on the arenas, you know. Did you pass some of that skill to him? I'm gonna enjoy working with him, ain't I?" -- [with a smile] "You've turned out to be interesting now. Looks like someone wants you to move on to him already."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June CB9AbSd

"Such a nice girl, aren't ya? But it's your boy's turn now, I think I'm just as interested in him as he's in me. I'll be nice, don't worry." [Switches his attention to the colt] "Hey-a, little fellow. You're gonna be stuck with me in a few months, what do ya think of that?" -- "I think he won't mind that at all. Seems to fancy you for attention."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June YbbOgqa

"I was meant to ask already in the mail... Will we keep calling him Cole or you got something else in mind for him?" -- "I was actually thinking to call him Taio. [to the colt] You think you'll settle for that little fellow?" [Moves to pet the colt, which in turn nickers] -- "I guess that settles it, he doesn't seem to mind going by that." [Everyone smile and have a little laugh]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June DuDXYF2

"Taio it is. We start calling him that, so he'll know he's meant to react to it." -- "That'd be great. [to the colt] You know what... Taio... I think we'll be great partners and you'll be a champion like your mom here...Sounds about right, doesn't it?"

PHOTOSHOOT? NO, A PHOTO

[Bit later, early afternoon]

"Take it now when he stands still looking at you" [Jester is posing with Windy and Taio] -- "Ok, here we go!"

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June DM1CXKS

"Nice shot, if I may compliment myself." -- "We'll I'd hurry up, if you're planning to get some more... [grins] Bee is done with eating!" -- "Just a minute, we'll need to get little different poses..." -- [with a laugh] "Too late... there she comes!"
[The buckskin roan filly heads straight behind Jester and pokes him with her muzzle while investigating the stranger]

[startled] "Hey!" -- [amused] "Don't worry, that's just Bee. Curious and very determined little lady. She just doesn't want to miss anything!"

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June Afw7rzT

[now also amused] "Well, hello to you too little lady. [to grinning Mike at the gate] You could've said something before she did that, you know..." -- "Don't know about that... she's quite fast too..." [Everyone have a laugh while Taio decides that it's time for some foal play instead of all this other nonsense]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June Faq1Eo7

"Whoa, little fellow! [moves out of Taio's way] Bored with me, huh? Well, I guess I'd rather play with a friend too [smiles]"

[The two foals get into playing with each other while Windy turns around to greet the bay roan dam of the photoshoot interrupting filly. Jester ends up as third party and turns to the gate]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June VbKN8I0

[amused] "And so the party's over...  Seems like I'm done here." -- "That's how it is with them. New is interesting, but also gets old fast!" -- [with a laugh] "Certainly would seem so."

THE NINE OTHERS

[Bit later, afternoon]

"You won't have any trouble taking Levy for this ride, Zack's away." -- "Oh, c'mon! He would've let Jester ride him even if he'd been home." -- "At least after me saying so..." -- "Oh, stop that!"

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June OK7LXce

"You got it the right way Jester, didn't you?" -- [amused] "Yeah..."

[The three arrive to the paddock fences]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June OLNvbRm

"The bays, Sheena and Travis, you already now from the arenas. Palomino heading this way is 3yo Leah, paints are Fanta and her 1yo daughter River. But your mount is in this gentlemen lot here..." [all turn their focus on the two other paddocks]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June MZVr4Sz

"All familiar from the arenas, I believe. Finch, Levy, Vinnie... [pauses] Yeah, that's what he's like at home... [laughs] ... And the antisocial Howie on his own in the back paddock." -- "I'll go and get Sheena." -- "Yeah. [to Jester] You go ahead and get Levy. I'll get Howie."

RIDE WITH A VIEW

[Bit later]

"Did you polish her up and all? Considering that you were the first to saddle up and now you're the last to mount..." -- "No, I didn't polish, I just didn't rush."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June JUCXM5F

"Well, if I'd taken that long, you two would be watching a rodeo..." -- "How so?" -- "He's got Howie under him..." -- "Oh, right. Forgot that he's got spirit, didn't seem that bad." -- "Yeah, but trying to keep it that way..." [grins]

[The three riders and horses head out for a little trail ride]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June ZA9eRIF

"This way." -- "Where we heading?" -- "I thought we'd head to the hill top." [points the hill next to DWH] -- [Jester looks the hill] "Whoah!" -- [smiles] " Yeah, it's bit of a climb, but there's nice view from the top."

[On the hill top]

"Well, you didn't lie. The view from here really is nice! Whole county?"

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June YHMH6Zj

"Not quite. Upper plain is behind us. But most of the county and the whole town."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June GfmuewX
There's more to the right, just left it out 'cause it's unbuilt land. I.e. all what they can see isn't seen here.

"We better head back down before that balloon gets here. Or we might be walking back..."

[Back on the plains, heading back to DWH]

"So, is he as good ride as you imagined?" -- "Oh yeah, he's a smooth and easy ride. I can see why Zack fancies him."

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June Z71u9VG
Hill top they were on isn't seen here, it's to the left.

[grins] "I think he fancies the 'fancying ladies' part too... it's a common factor for the two..." -- "Mike... [thoughts about it and smiles] That is true actually, but I do think he's more into the performance quality of Levy than that." -- "Maybe... it's a bit hard to tell sometimes..." [Everyone have a laugh]

[Back at DWH]

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June VbbEzFz

"Why don't you hold on there a minute Jester. I'll put Sheena on the hitch and come to take a photo of you two." -- "Sure. [to Levy] Hold on a bit fellow. We gonna do little posing, you're good at that, aren't ya?"

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June 85MvD5e

[Bit later it's time for goodbyes and Jester heads back home.]

"See ya on the arenas till it's time to get Taio to Drovers." -- "We'll do!"

Stay tuned for part III where Jester comes for a visit again, this time to pick up yearling Taio and to ride Windy!
Back to top Go down
HorseWomen

Little Doggy
HorseWomen
Little Doggy

http://freewindstables.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June   From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 am

Lovely
Back to top Go down
Camisha Sivile

Little Doggy

Little Doggy

PostSubject: Re: From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June   From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 4:26 pm

I really enjoyed reading. I'd like to do something like this with my sims everyday life as well.
Back to top Go down
Dorms

Little Doggy
Dorms
Little Doggy

PostSubject: Re: From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June   From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks you two! It's nice to hear you've liked this so far. :)

Next part (and perhaps the last as well) is hopefully out before New Year. Christmas hassle and all that is soon ahead though, so no guarantee that it does happen. But fingers crossed! ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June   From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June Empty

Back to top Go down

From DWH to Drovers - updated 21st June

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Community :: Story Board-